“I panicked, because I just never thought it would actually happen.”
An estimated one in three adults in the United States lives with some type of cardiovascular disease, which may be indicated by symptoms that include chest pain, heart palpitation, light-headedness, shortness of breath and tightness in the chest.
At HCA East Florida Hospitals our full-service program features cardiac care doctors (cardiologists, electrophysiologists and heart surgeons) who collaborate with highly skilled nurses and other cardiovascular health professionals.
Our Heart Hospitals encompasses a full range of diagnostic and interventional procedures that help patients seeking care for heart attack or heart disease. Our services include, but are not limited to:
- A Heart Test Clinic that provides tests such as angiography, echocardiography, nuclear cardiology and coronary ultrasound
- Cardiac catheterization
- Percutaneous coronary angioplasty
- Cutting balloon angioplasty
- Coronary/peripheral stenting (including drug eluting stents)
- Rotoblator/atherectomy, electrophysiology
- Pacemaker implants
- Intracoronary thrombolysis
- PFO patent foramen ovale
- Cardiac tissue biopsy
- Cardiac research