Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Servings and Times
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person: 0.5
Ingredients and Preparation
- In a large oven-proof frying pan over medium heat, warm 1 teaspoon of oil.
- Add the red peppers, celery, onions, and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl lightly whisk together the egg substitute, parsley, oregano, and black pepper. Stir in the vegetable mixture.
- In the same frying pan over medium heat warm the remaining 1 teaspoon of oil. Add the egg mixture and cook until brown around the edges. Cover the pan and reduce heat to low. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the eggs are set.
- Meanwhile, preheat the broiler. Sprinkle the frittata with the parmesan.
- Place the pan about 5 inches from the heat and broil for 1-2 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve cut into wedges.