This recipe is very versatile—you can leave out the meat, substitute veggies for the meat, or use a different type of cheese if desired.
Ingredients and Preparation
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Cook the sliced leek in boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Mix together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Spread the Canadian bacon, leek, and cheese out evenly over the pastry shell. Pour egg mixture into the pie shell and then sprinkle with parsley.
- Bake on one of the bottom shelves in the oven for about 40-45 minutes, until the egg mixture is set and golden brown on top. (Note: To test a quiche for doneness, first jiggle it a bit on the oven shelf to see if it’s “set.” If the center appears to be set, take the quiche out and stick a knife in the middle. The quiche is done when the knife comes out clean.)
- Let pie cool for 5-15 minutes before serving.