Back pain is extremely common- up to 80 percent of the people in the U.S. are affected at some time in their lives, according to the Arthritis Foundation. There are two types of back pain: acute and chronic. To understand back pain, you must first start with an understanding of the spine.
Back pain, for the most part, is linked to the way the bones, ligaments and muscles of the back work together. The pain can begin suddenly but can also come on gradually due to strain over time. The pain is often in the lower back (lumbar region), and many also spread to the buttocks and thighs. It will come and go at different times, depending on your level of activity. In rare cases, there may be a more serious underlying cause of the back pain. In most cases, a physician will discuss your symptoms and examine you, possible ordering some test. Treatment for back pain can include the use of medication, physical therapy, injections and pain management. If chronic pain isn’t helped by these treatments, then surgery may be an option. There are different types of back surgery. Your physician will discuss the options with you in more detail. Good back care can greatly reduce your risk of back pain. The key is to get an early diagnosis if back pain problem persist. The sooner you start the right treatment for your condition, the better off you will be.
At the Aventura Spine Institute, we are a dedicated spine care center offering the following convenient services to our patients.
- A patient-centered approach.
- Latest technology
- Unique patient amenities
- Multi-disciplinary team of affiliated physicians and medical specialists
- Spine Care Clinic staffed by experts who specialized in the care of patients with back or neck pain
- Complete coordination of patient’s entire diagnostic and treatment plan
- Complete work-up and management of conservative treatments
- Personal attention – staff coordinates scheduling all diagnostics, consults and treatment appointments for your patients
- Affiliated medical team includes specialist in Ortho Spine, Neurosurgery, Pain Medicine, Physical Medicine and Physical Therapy
- Regular reports to your physician on your progress
Patients Who Can Benefit:
- Patients who suffer from chronic back and neck pain
- Patients who have not responded to previous treatments
- Patients who have not compliant with previous treatments
We commonly see patients who need treatment for these conditions:
- Back Pain (acute and chronic)
- Disc Herniation
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Extremity Pain
- Spinal Stenosis
- Compression Fractures
- Myofascial Pain
- Facet Pain
- Work Related Injuries
- Whiplash Injuries
- Neck Pain
For more information about the Aventura Spine Institute or for a 24 hours/7 days a week physician referral, please call toll free (800) 34-SPINE.